You know you’re an audiobook junkie when …
- You drive past your house because the end is near.
- You walk in to work late because the book’s end was more important.
- You spend much more time cleaning the house or cooking dinner than you would otherwise.
- People look at you strangely in the grocery store because you are laughing or crying, but no one is with you.
- You sit still in traffic and just loving it.
- You secretly hope that your significant other won’t offer to come with you while you take the dog for a walk.
- Your spouse knows if you’re wearing earphones, that it might be a minute before he/she can talk – they know to wait for the “hands up, 1 minute” sign. And they’re good with that.
- You’d rather drive a long distance alone than with a friend b/c you know you won’t be able to listen to your book if he/she’s with you.
- You are telling the officer that just pulled you over to hang on.
- You arrive in time to catch the shuttle to your office, but you decide to walk so you have more time to listen to your book.
- You add 10 minutes to your workout on the exercise bike just so you can finish the chapter.
- Taking your player to a restaurant and you are the one asking the waiter what he wants.
- Your two most common words are, “Sorry what?”
- You start laughing on the treadmill and the guy lifting weights in front of you gives you a dirty look, because he is SURE you are laughing at him.
- People think you have developed the Turrets syndrome
- Doing laundry is a treat, not a chore
- You and your dog are getting more and more fit
- You can relate to a lot of these posts and are soooo relieved that you are not the only one.
I stumbled upon this thread on Goodreads for audio book lovers on how you know you’re an audio book junkie. I found it so hilarious I had to share it with you. Change some of the details, and I can relate to no. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 18. I guess I’m an audio book junkie 😀
Do you listen to audio books? And can you relate to this?